With the growing complexity of the business landscape, GRC teams are tasked with ensuring that an organization is operating in compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as managing risks that could impact the organization’s ability to achieve its goals.
Additionally, with the increasing importance of cybersecurity and data privacy, GRC teams play a crucial role in helping organizations protect their sensitive information and prevent cyber attacks.
As regulatory demands continue to evolve, it is increasingly evident that GRC teams face an increasing workload.
What can be done to reduce the workload?
Before we share practical bits of advice, let’s recap today’s key challenges for GRC teams and security compliance professionals:
- Lack of expertise – There’s a growing demand for GRC professionals who have the knowledge and expertise to navigate the complexities of the regulatory landscape and help organizations implement effective risk management strategies.
- Risk visibility – In addition to regulatory compliance, GRC teams oversee an organization’s risk management efforts. It includes extensive data gathering, meticulous data analyses, and the ability to identify potential risks stemming from gaps in compliance adherence.
- Policy enforcement – Implementing controls to mitigate compliance gaps and risks, and regularly monitoring the effectiveness of those controls.
Do more with less
To address the aforementioned challenges and to significantly reduce the required efforts, hear are a few action items you can implement:
- Automate like there’s no tomorrow – Identify these specific steps in which human expertise is needed and put all your chips on automating the rest. For example, don’t waste your time on data collection and analysis, but do take the time to plan the appropriate remediation path.
- Seeing is believing – It’s challenging to make the right decision with no data, however reviewing multiple spreadsheets and dashboards is even more time-consuming and tedious. Find a solution that is right for you that allows for a single pane of glass for compliance and provides that in-depth visibility that you need.
- One size doesn’t fit all – All (wo)men are created equal, but every organization is profoundly different. It’s tempting to download a template or reuse one a friend shared, but a custom-fit process is required to cut costs and save time. Define the main steps in your current process and the tools the team is using, and look for software that will adapt to your terms rather than vice versa.
Overall, the demand for GRC teams is expected to continue to grow as organizations recognize the importance of effective governance, risk, and compliance management.
GRC professionals who are able to do the mind shift to automation and have the skills to implement effective risk management strategies will prevail.
Cypago’s compliance solution accelerates compliance adherence while reducing the workload for GRC teams
You need an intelligent platform that will continuously monitor the overall compliance status and watch your back, regardless of how fast the organization or the cyber threat landscape grows. Cypago is that platform. It serves as a single source of truth for any security standard, offloading most of the heavy lifting from GRC leaders and enabling them to make faster and wiser decisions with unmatched success.
If you have any questions or comments about any of the above, please feel free to contact us.
At Cypago, we’re always looking for ways to improve our customers’ ability to seamlessly and effortlessly secure their compliance needs. To achieve this goal, our research and development teams have made some exciting updates to our products.
Here is our latest update:
More flexibility and customization
Using the newly introduced Custom Audit wizard, users can upload their own set of controls into Cypago and enjoy the full range of our built-in automation and analysis capabilities based on a unique implementation of advanced NLP-based algorithms.
New for cloud providers
A significant enhancement is now available for cloud providers’ automated evidence collection, gap analysis and continuous monitoring. This includes an impressive lineup of capabilities, including audit trail logging coverage, bucket versioning and backups, server disk backup encryption, server monitoring, user access keys rotation, user access keys limitation, and much, much more.
Deeper SDLC monitoring
Get deeper and more accurate visibility into your secure development lifecycle processes with capabilities extending to deployment notifications, branch protection, branch push and merge access, branch force push and code owner requirement, user SSO enrollment, releases, and environments.
Updated and expanded controls and requirements
These features were purpose-built to empower superior automation, and enable mappings to all standards, including – but not limited to – SOC 2, ISOs, and HIPAA.
New batch of supported integrations
Cypago can now successfully integrate with newly collected assets such as builds, pipelines, and job configurations, within the Azure DevOps (ADO) space, and supports integration with additional tools such as Freshservice, Curricula, Monday.com, Snyk, and Snowflake.
Private cloud tool integration
Cypago now enables advanced GitLab and Jira server collection from your own private cloud premises, including environments, releases, deployment notifications as well as users, groups, and admin permissions.
If you have any questions or comments about any of the above product updates, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to discuss them with you.
At Cypago, we’re always looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience and security compliance management capabilities. To that end, our research and development teams have been hard at work on updating our products so that they help make compliance processes that much smoother and more successful.
Here is a brief summary:
This will enable you to easily view,
We’ve launched an updated, extremely powerful dashboard that provide you with actionable insights on your current compliance posture, in one convenient location.
User access reviews
This is a groundbreaking innovative
This feature creates a single location,
Audit scope editor
Use this feature to add or remove
New batch of supported
With this new feature, you’ll benefit
Manage, assess, and document your
Use this directory to gain full visibility
Create and delegate tasks for team
If you have any questions or comments about any of the above product updates, please feel free to contact us.