Governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) teams are increasingly in demand as organizations strive to address a wide range of regulatory requirements and mitigate potential risks.
With the growing complexity of the business landscape, GRC teams are tasked with ensuring that an organization is operating in compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as managing risks that could impact the organization’s ability to achieve its goals.
Additionally, with the increasing importance of cybersecurity and data privacy, GRC teams play a crucial role in helping organizations protect their sensitive information and prevent cyber attacks.
As regulatory demands continue to evolve, it is increasingly evident that GRC teams face an increasing workload.
What can be done to reduce the workload?
Before we share practical bits of advice, let’s recap today’s key challenges for GRC teams and security compliance professionals:
- Lack of expertise – There’s a growing demand for GRC professionals who have the knowledge and expertise to navigate the complexities of the regulatory landscape and help organizations implement effective risk management strategies.
- Risk visibility – In addition to regulatory compliance, GRC teams oversee an organization’s risk management efforts. It includes extensive data gathering, meticulous data analyses, and the ability to identify potential risks stemming from gaps in compliance adherence.
- Policy enforcement – Implementing controls to mitigate compliance gaps and risks, and regularly monitoring the effectiveness of those controls.
Do more with less
To address the aforementioned challenges and to significantly reduce the required efforts, hear are a few action items you can implement:
- Automate like there’s no tomorrow – Identify these specific steps in which human expertise is needed and put all your chips on automating the rest. For example, don’t waste your time on data collection and analysis, but do take the time to plan the appropriate remediation path.
- Seeing is believing – It’s challenging to make the right decision with no data, however reviewing multiple spreadsheets and dashboards is even more time-consuming and tedious. Find a solution that is right for you that allows for a single pane of glass for compliance and provides that in-depth visibility that you need.
- One size doesn’t fit all – All (wo)men are created equal, but every organization is profoundly different. It’s tempting to download a template or reuse one a friend shared, but a custom-fit process is required to cut costs and save time. Define the main steps in your current process and the tools the team is using, and look for software that will adapt to your terms rather than vice versa.
Overall, the demand for GRC teams is expected to continue to grow as organizations recognize the importance of effective governance, risk, and compliance management.
GRC professionals who are able to do the mind shift to automation and have the skills to implement effective risk management strategies will prevail.
Cypago’s compliance solution accelerates compliance adherence while reducing the workload for GRC teams
You need an intelligent platform that will continuously monitor the overall compliance status and watch your back, regardless of how fast the organization or the cyber threat landscape grows. Cypago is that platform. It serves as a single source of truth for any security standard, offloading most of the heavy lifting from GRC leaders and enabling them to make faster and wiser decisions with unmatched success.
If you have any questions or comments about any of the above, please feel free to contact us.